Cow Block

Meg chose County Fair as her theme for March in the Cocorico Bee. I'm a little behind in bee blocks but I hope this one was worth the wait.
County Fair block for Meg


Her name is Bessie and she belongs to a twelve year old girl in 4H named Steph.  Steph adores Bessie and wanted her pen at the fair to look extra nice.  Bessie adores Steph right back and seems to smile at her.

The pattern comes from Sandi at Piecemeal Quilts.   The link to the pattern is here.  I changed a lot of the lines of the pattern to work for me and my style of piecing. 

I hope Bessie fits into your quilt, Meg.  This theme was extra fun to sew for.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woman you just really are so darn good! This so totally flows!Cute, cute, cute!!

verykerryberry said...

I love the flowery print for the lighter parts of the cow, such cute eyes too

DianeY said...

I'm in love with Bessie!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Oooo, the eyes, that little peachy mouth, the sweet background...she's a honey!

Suz J said...

Who could have thought a cow block could be so cute?

felicity said...

Adorable! Your fabric choices are inspired!

Susan said...

Inspiring work! A fantastic choice of fabric too!

Sarah said...

I adore this block!

elnorac said...

Oooh, though I've never been a big fan of cows, I want to stroke Bessie's muzzle (um...do cows even have muzzles?)and feed her a handful of tender spring grass. How you could make a cow look soulful and sweet with about 45 pieces of fabric, I do not know, but I like it!

melissa said...

love love love this.
you somehow managed to give bessie a sweet old cow soul. i know it's there, i can see it in her eyes.

mjb said...

Great block! Love these fabrics.

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)