Catching up to the curve

I was sick most of last week and then I was just behind the curve of life for a few days after that.  But I'm finally feeling better and ready to share a few photos here.

This is a block I made over a week ago for Cynthia in the Pastiche Bee.  She asked for old school graphic design art supplies.  I fear there isn't enough contrast between the prints for the background and the arms of the compass, but I think some targeted quilting could take care of that.  

Compass block


I made this Farmer's Wife block over a week ago, too.  It is a remake of this block.  Just four more blocks to go!

farmer's wife sampler, block 64


I've been working on the quilting for my Mommy Neighborhood quilt for a few weeks now.  It will take a l-o-n-g time to put all of the quilting in that I want.

intense hand quilting


And, lastly, when I was feeling too crummy to sit at the machine or to wrestle with perle cotton, I've been working on expanding my green hexies.  I cut out another 100 hexies for this project.  I think I may have too many green fabrics....

expanding green


So what's new with you? It has been too long since we chatted.  :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my! i don't even know where to start with this post!!
(a) i'm glad you're feeling better!
(b) oh those green hexies are my absolute fave!!
(c) love that quilting on your mommy neighborhood
(d) i forgot what else i was thinking because... omg.... green hexie wonderfulness!!!!!!!!
-melissa

Beth said...

Glad you are feeling better. Your projects are all fantastic!

Frederick Nunley said...

I think you might be a master quilter because the more I see the more amazed I am with your work. I was sorry to read that you were sick friends of mine reported some sort of bug last week that lasted a few days. Glad not to have any personal experience with it personally hope your household is well. You know me working with greens all last month or was it two months I loose track. Looking forward to seeing the big FW quilt top completed soon...

Unknown said...

Wow! Yay on being almost done with your Farmers Wife!! :) Your blocks are so fun!

Anjeanette said...

I adore your hand quilting. It is going to be so lovely all crinkly. So lovely!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love that compass/dividers block!

Claudia said...

All of those wonderful puckers from your hand quilting is wonderful! What's new with me? Family events/visits have kept me away from my sewing machine. Wah! I'm also trying to decide if I'm going to can my poor blog.

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)