The yellow in the chicken fabric above just didn't work with the other colors in the quilt. At first I thought I could calm the yellow with a blue, but that didn't work, then I tried a different blue floral with the red plaid below and that didn't work either. Thankfully this block is not paper pieced because 4 tries was bad enough.
I definitely had to paper piece the flower garden path block. I kept the same fabrics, but this time the block didn't end up as a rectangle with wonky center points.
I lost a number of the triangle points on the corn and beans block above. The background gray didn't work with my chosen sashing either. Even with paper piecing, the seams in the block below are thick so the block doesn't lie perfectly, but it will have to do.
For my first version of the garden path block, I thought that the yellow fabric was far too prominent and the other fabrics were too tropical. I like the second version much much better.
And, lastly, I made this paper pieced version of the spider legs block. I didn't even try to make this one with the templates so it is the first try for this bock. I love the purple and peach combination.
I have the quilt top pieced together, but it needs a lot of pressing before I try to take any pictures, so you'll have to wait a few days.